I’m going to attempt to write about something I know little about, but have been married long enough to have gained some insight… insight into what makes men act the way they do. When I say men, I use that in a general term because in society there are always going to be misfits and men with perversions. Here I am referring to your everyday normal red blooded male.
As you read this, remember that men were made by their Creator – in the image of God. So if it makes you feel any better, these traits are in some fashion a reflection of what God is like.
Men are warriors
- By nature men are warriors. They want to rescue their families, shoot their enemies, kill, maim and eat their prey. Do you wonder why your sons and husbands love violent video games, extreme sports and grotesque movies? Most of them don’t have to hunt and kill for food these days, or throw spears from the city wall to protect their families from on-coming enemies. Video games, sports and movies are often used as an outlet for their primal needs. So don’t freak out because they like them.
Warriors need others
- Warriors need others to champion their successes. Women are often the ones in the position to either break or make the spirit of a man. Women, you would be wise to help cultivate a man who is for you, and not against you. Celebrate his successes, lavish him with praises. Encourage the “warrior” in him.
A warrior is not a pervert
- Ladies, I know this one hurts, but men were created to enjoy and appreciate variety. They can’t help it; their nature wants it… variety in physical quests, variety in foods, variety in women, and in sexual activities. This doesn’t make them perverts, but if you can understand the instincts they have, you will be better equipped to help channel those desires in a healthy direction.
Warriors are needy
- If you don’t have the time or the patience to tend to a man’s needs, don’t bother getting into a relationship. They may be tough, rough and gruff on the outside, but deep inside there’s still a little boy who’s crying and craving attention. He’s going to get it from somewhere, so make sure you are the one meeting those needs well enough, that is, if you plan on keeping him.
Warriors are loyal
- This one thing I know for sure; If a woman is able to capture a man’s heart, encourage the warrior in him, create variety, cultivate intimacy, and lavish him with attention, he will be loyal to her til his dying breath. Ladies, do your part in understanding your man. Then he will build castles and homes for you, ride a thousand miles on horseback to rescue you. He will lie and die for you, and protect you from gossip and slander. He will forgive you of the worst possible offenses. He will be loyal! He will be your prince charming!
Men, did I get any of this right? Do you want to add or delete anything?